Our constant aim is to motivate and retain our dedicated employees to ensure our business is resourced with a passionate, hardworking and loyal team in a secure and safe environment. We encourage personal and professional growth and continually generate opportunities for experienced personnel and offer apprenticeship training with programmes across a diverse range of disciplines. All our recruitment and selection for entry-level programmes is undertaken locally, with a view to creating the long term future of our youth, the town, and our business.
Hillery Group is still expanding:
Due to our growth, we are seeking an experienced Civil Engineer who strives for and embraces a zero-harm culture and can demonstrate valuable, well-grounded experience for an immediate start. This person will reside in the Bowen/ Whitsundays region or be willing to re-locate.
ABOUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with time, budget and quality requirements.
- Exceptional knowledge of tender submission requirements, delegating line items to team members and ensuring the timelines are met.
- Must be focused and committed to a zero- harm environment.
- Provide engineering support to the greater team to facilitate the construction process and ensure design deliverables are clearly defined in support of construction and project deliverables.
- Project compliance in accordance with the quality system- Civil Pro.
- Liaising and managing client relationships.
- Monitoring performance of construction crew and subcontractors against estimates.
- Reporting and mitigating performance issues.
- Reporting production costs daily, weekly and monthly.
- Implement the inspection and test requirements of the Project Management Plan.
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative person who displays strong leadership and communication skills, as well as an exceeding ability to prioritise and problem solve whilst managing our clients’ and staff’s interests.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role combined with Civil Construction/ Engineering qualifications preferably a tertiary qualification (degree).
- Hold a Construction White Card.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Department of Transport and Main Roads (ESSENTIAL).
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast-paced project environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of civil quality software preferably Civil Pro.
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and achieving deadlines.
- Ability to investigate issues and find solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Australian citizen or right to work in Australia.
- C Class Licence.
This role is a Monday to Friday role where the project hours could vary from job to job, and on occasions may include weekend work. To support Hillery Group’s vision we require a talented, motivated and disciplined individual so if you have a strong work ethic then this role is for you. A team player is essential.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening will apply.